For anyone interested in being part of a new startup and meeting interesting people this sounds like a great idea especially if you are anywhere near Leicester UK.I’d go if I hadn’t already got something on that weekend.
From the website:
The Launch48 weekend is a unique experience for building web startups with a group of teams from a range of backgrounds and different sets of skills.
For each team, the goal is simple: pitch, build and launch a startup in 48 hours.
The Launch48 weekend is different from most hackathon’s and entrepreneurial events because:
- We focus on the business and ensuring you understand your customers. Check out the agenda for more information.
- We have a great set of mentors that work with groups to develop their business
- Each team has about 10 people working on each idea from a broad range of backgrounds
- We don’t allow pre-existing teams.
- Participants meet, learn from, and work with many people throughout the event
- All aspects of a business are covered including planning, marketing, PR, branding, design, finance, and development
When: Friday 6th September to Sunday 8th September 2013.
Where: LCB Depot, 31 Rutland Street, Leicester LE1 1RE (see directions)
Find out more at http://leicester.launch48.com/
I have recently been trying to come up with names for a company and finding it very difficult to come up with anything original, interesting and where the dot com domain is still available. I have just found this excellent set of slides which offers loads of advice and resources for creative product/business name ideas. Check it out below:
Discovery Canada’s flagship science & technology show Daily Planet is looking to profile New York-based inventors/makers as part of a series being filmed called “Garage Gurus.”
This segment would air as part of the weekly segment called Future Tech, hosted by Lucas Cochran. Future Tech is all about featuring the best in tech – the coolest new gadgets, the most innovative & inventive technologies and the science behind it all. Here is a link to some past segments: http://www.discovery.ca/Article.aspx?aid=35017.
For this segment, they’re looking for people who are not shy on camera, who have amazing working product prototypes, featuring cool technology, that Lucas can put to the test.
In terms of availability, The shoot will take place on Saturday, Jan 26th ideally a full day shoot
For your information: Daily Planet is the internationally award-winning flagship show of Discovery Canada. Now in its 18th season, Daily Planet is the first nightly primetime science magazine show in the world and has grown in the last decade to become a powerhouse of science and technology broadcasting internationally. With combined plays on Discovery and the full CTV network, Daily Planet reaches an impressive 2.8 million viewers each week in Canada, and millions more on the web.
If you interested, or if you know someone who is, please contact email@example.com or 416.384.7483.
For a while now I have been planning to create some FREE video tutorials to help inventors on a tight budget build their own website in order to sell and promote the product they have created. The video tutorials and site is finally done though it might still be a bit rough round the edges. You don’t need to sign up or give your email etc to watch the videos.
You can find the videos at www.buildawebsite.com
What you will learn in the Free Video Tutorials
The videos are not designery or techie and I have aimed to keep them as simple as possible so you can follow along step by step. In essence you will learn how to set up your own easy to update website without any technical knowledge and you will also learn how to add a simple Paypal button to sell your product.
List of Build a Website Video Tutorials
- If you don’t already own a domain name or hosting start here
- Check Domain availability
- Buying Hosting and a Domain Name
If you already own a domain name start here
- Buying Hosting if you Already Own your Domain Name
- Pointing an Existing Domain Name to your New Hosting
- Add your Domain to your New Web Hosting
Now you have a domain name and hosting continue here
- Login in to your Web Hosting Control Panel
- Install WordPress
- Login to WordPress
- Create your First Web Page
- Making your Web URLs Look Better
- Add an Image to your web page
- Finding Royalty Free Images
- Choose a Theme for your Website
- Download WordPress themes from external site
- Install External Themes on Your Website
- Customising your Theme and Navigation Menus
- Adding things to your Sidebar with Widgets
- Adding a Contact Form Using a Plugin
- More about Plugins and Adding Sitemap
- Keywords and a Plugin for Search Engine Optimsation SEO
- Adding a Youtube Video to a Web Page
- Remove Commenting from your Web Pages
- Templates and Changing your Landing Page
Selling your Product or Service from your Website
- How to Create a Paypal Button so you can Sell from your Website
- Add a Paypal Buy Now Button to your Website
- Centre your Paypal Buy Now Button without Coding
- Looking at Shopify to Sell Online
- Creating Navigation Links to External Websites
Making a Banner Image
- Cropping an Image to Use as a Web Banner
- Creating a Web Banner in an Image Editing Program
Creating an Optional Blog on Your Website
- Adding an Optional Blog to your Website
- Creating Categories for your Blog Posts
- Comments and Pingbacks on your Blog
- Approving Comments on your Blog Posts
Backing up Your Website
- Backing up your WordPress Site
Do you have an invention that is ready to see the light of day and become the next big thing? Well then, we want you to hear from you!
We’re casting for a family entertainment show that will uncover the countries’ next great invention. Backyard inventors from all walks of life will get to pitch and develop their ideas and be in the running for a life changing prize.
Whether you’re 10 years old or 80, a stay at home mum or It’s time to share your invention with Australia and change your life.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
In the next couple of weeks I am going to start work on creating a video design course for beginners about designing a brochure following the success of my beginner’s logo design course (now at nearly 600 students).
Free Brochure or Flyer Design
I am looking for one or two people who would be interested in having a BROCHURE DESIGNED BY MYSELF FOR FREE (max 8 pages – no catalogues) who would be prepared to have their project used as a case study. This would involve having me take the brief with you on Skype and recording this on video to use in the course and marketing, and then for you to give feedback on Skype which would again be recorded.
The brochure artwork once you have approved it would be supplied to you digitally via email or DVD. The brochure would not be able to be for any product that is secret and not for anything time critical as it will be shown publicly and take a little longer than usual to design as I will be recording all stages of design work my side to use for the course.
If you are interested please get in touch via the contact form or email tara (at) ideasuploaded (dot) com