A belated Happy New Year from me, who has been very lazy not blogging over the holiday period.
Would you be interested in sharing your inventor story?
Would you consider sharing your inventor story good or bad, so others can learn from your successes or mistakes?
Plus it will give you a bit of extra exposure for yourself and your product (this blog gets between 6000 – 7000 visitors a month).
You can see some inventor interview examples here
Please answer the inventor interview questions below
Then email the questions and answers to me at tara (at) ideasuploaded (dot) com with a pic of yourself and one of your invention/product. Please answer the questions in as much detail as possible to help others.
1. Your name, invention name and website URL?
2. Please could you tell me a little bit about where you are based, your background experience how you first started inventing?
3. Please could you tell me a little bit about your invention, what it is, and how you came up with the idea?
4. What were the first steps you took after having your idea?
5. Did you get presentation drawing sheets produced or make a prototype of your invention, how did you go about this?
6. Did you try and patent or protect your idea in any way and how did you go about it?
7. Did you always intend manufacturing your invention yourself or did you look into licensing the idea?
8. How did you go about finding a suitable manufacturer for your invention and did you self fund this?
9. What have you found are the best ways of promoting your invention?
10. What were the most difficult elements of bringing your invention to market?
11. How long has it taken from your initial idea to taking it to market?
12. Is there anything you learned developing your invention that you would now do differently if you had to do it all again?
13. What advice would you give any aspiring inventor with an idea?
14. Where can people find out more about you your invention?